Cleaning Up After the Flood or Sewage Back-Up in Michigan
Cleaning, Sanitizing Flooded Basement Sewage Water MI
- Drain all basement flood waters and/or sewage by natural draining or pumping.
- Remove dirt, soil and debris from surfaces that came in contact with flood waters.
- Wash down all walls, floors and surfaces that the flood water or sewage touched with clean, warm or hot water and a low suds detergent and antimicrobial.
- Rinse again with warm or hot water.
- Sanitize by rinsing walls, floors and surfaces using one of the following mixtures:
- 2½ tablespoons (tbs) of Lysol/Pine Sol per gallon of water used, or
- 8 tablespoons (tbs) of laundry blean (i.e., Clorox, Roman Cleanser) in each gallon of water used.
- Air the area by opening windows or using fans and dehumidifiers.
- Prevent tracking flood debris and sewage into clean areas.
To make sure the property is safe after a sewage backup or basement flooding
Call the professionals at Select Restoration.!
We will remove wet carpet and padding, take out all wet drywall, paneling and insulation spray all surfaces with an antimicrobial and wipe down all walls and floors. We remove all wet contents as well.